Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dodiongan Falls ~ Iligan City~ Waterfall Warrior


Dodiongan Falls
Location: Iligan
Type and height: Slide/20 meters


After having lunch at the famous SunBurst restaurant and a quick rest I head up north to another hidden gem of waterfall, the Dodiongan Waterfalls. Unlike for its peers Tinago falls and Maria Cristina falls, Dodiogan falls do not attract too much visitors and requires an element of trekking and river crossing to reach it.

Located 14 km. away from Iligan City Proper I took a Jeepney bound North, got off at Barinaut terminal and took a habal-habal that took me to the jump off point passing by small villages along the way.
The trail is straight forward but may be confusing at times especially once you cross the rivers. Follow the path parallel to the river for assurance as you navigate your way on the exposed trail or, if you couldn't locate the trail just follow the stream up as this will lead you to the waterfalls.

After 15 minutes of trekking the view of Dodiongan falls will finally emerge. Two sets of waterfalls descending side by side unto a turquoise green catch basin where one can take a deep and surrounding it are different rock formations and trees giving one a sort of a haven to commune with nature. It is a refreshing site. What made it extra special is that I had the whole place all for myself!



 

 

How to get there:

1.)    Take a Jeepney bound North, I took the Dalipuga line, and alight at Barinaut terminal. (Php 7.00)
2.)    Take a habal-habal and get off at the jump off point of Dodionan Falls/Brgy. Digkila-an. (Php 40.00)
3.)    Follow the trail parallel to the stream or follow the stream itself. 

*Before starting your trek to the falls make sure you have a ride going back as habal-habal from the jump off point to the highway may not be available depending on the day. Since none was available when I got there I contracted mine to wait for me to take me back to the highway. It cost me Php 150.00


No comments:

Post a Comment