Monday, December 23, 2013

Tagbobo falls ~ Samal Island

Tagbobo Falls
Location: Samal Island
Type and height: Plunge/ 7 meters
Trek difficulty: 3/5
Trek duration: 5 minutes

After the first 10 minute motorbike ride along a bumpy rough road my driver and I were on our feet, walking, with him pushing his bike and me following behind wearing a "WTF" expression.

The motorbike has emptied its gas and it's an annoying 2 km. walk to reach the next refilling station. There was nothing else we could do but to continue walking under the heat of the sun with dust beneath us sticking to our, now sweaty legs. Another thing to do was to laugh it out.

As we finally refilled our motorbike we continued on our no-smooth ride. Then, out of nowhere, a sudden left turn. From the main road we are now surrounded by taller than man grass. We got off and the trail showed itself.

The trail as expected is covered by all sort of twigs, grass and rocks. I wasn't even sure if I was already bushwhacking my way. I just went straight to the sound of the waterfalls and in less than 10 minutes my driver and I was there, staring at the falls with its mist pulling our faces to a satisfied smile.


Tagbobo falls definitely hasn't introduced himself with construction. The place is quite a mess with evident soil erosion and an obvious landslide meters away from the falls. All these though felt minor as I took of my shirt and again took a dip. This is the main thing. This is the major thing.



Visiting Tagbobo falls is definitely a plus if you're visiting Samal Island. Like what I did with limited time, you can visit two waterfalls in one day! Tagbobo falls has its own unique charm of being hidden and untouched. And since it's just "20 minute" motorbike ride from Hagimit falls you can also gratify yourself with the scene of pineapple farm, jolly faces and mountain views while developing a sturdier butt.

How to get there: (From Davao City)

1.) Take a cab to Samal Ferry Terminal then take the ferry to Samal Island
1a.) Take a bus from Magsaysay park to Samel ferry Terminal
2.) Get off at Samal Island Market and rent a "habal-habal" motorcycle to Tagbobo falls.





No comments:

Post a Comment