Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Lake Sebu ~ Seven Waterfalls ~ Part 2

Lake Sebu's Seven Waterfalls
Location: Brgy. Lake Seloton, Lake Sebu, South Cotobato
Type and height: Plunge
Trek difficulty: 5/5
Trek duration:  1 to 2 hours

I woke at the sound of a rooster. I love the life in the province…Simple, sweet and peaceful.

At 7:00 am Dodo picked me up and we continued what we have started. Four more to go!

I planned my itinerary beforehand. In the morning, I would explore the remaining waterfalls and in the afternoon, visit Lang Dulay who is known as T’bolis most famous dream weaver. She is also a national living treasure for T’nalak weaving.

This time we headed straight to Gate 2 which is also the entrance gate of Waterfalls 2. Sadly and happily though, the remaining waterfalls do not have their own gates and must be trekked if one wishes to go near it.
This is where everything became tricky. We switched the waterfalls, switched the waterfall count, hiked a random trail, and even created our own imaginary waterfalls to pacify our hunger, thirst and exhaustion. In short, we got lost.  An exploration in its true sense with my back up gear of shorts, slippers, a sleeveless shirt, some snacks and a liter of water. After a series of unfortunate events (see story) we found a lonely wooden house positioned just in time to give our self-respect back.

As we approached this peaceful house a friendly smiling guy came out of the doorway with a glimpse of queerness evident on his face. I think he was thinking of our sad state as I approached closer dirty and barefooted with Dodo following behind. We had a chat about the waterfalls and he, in all kindness, obliged to guide us and clear everything out. 

Out of the seven waterfalls you can only come near to four of them. Falls 1, 2, 6 and 7. Getting to falls number 6 is the most challenging.  Since it is hidden from the main trail a skilled guide is a must if you wish to see it. Aside from the fact that it is hidden, the trail itself is a maze of obstacles as you walk along fallen trees and boulders.


Falls 6: "Hikong K'Fo'I" 
Trail to Waterfalls 6. 
Navigating our way.
Falls 7: "Hikong Tonok"

Falls 3 to 5 meanwhile descends one after another in succession which can be seen afar from the zip line station.    

Falls 3: "Hikong B'Lebel"
Falls 4: "Hikong Lowig"
Falls 5: "Hikong Ukol" 

I felt a sense of accomplishment and pride after seeing all 7 waterfalls. Along with it was a gentle reminder to be humble in dealing with nature.


I may be a bit late on my planned itinerary but I still managed to visit Lang Dulay.


And another artist Ma Afil who gave me his very own Fag Long!














1 comment: